Friday, March 14, 2014

8th Bead Soup ~ Let the fun begin!

It's been awhile since the last post as life just got too busy but I'm super excited to get active again and what better way than to dive back in by joining Lori Anderson's 8th Bead Soup Blog Party!  This year there will only be one reveal on May 3rd with 490 participants!  That is going to be one busy weekend hopping on 490 blogs!

Find out more about how Bead Soup Blog Party works, check out Lori's fabulous Blog!

This is my third time participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party and the Bead Soup Goddess aka Lori Anderson once again blessed me with an incredible partner!  This year my partner is a talented lamp work artist Laurie Ament of Isinglass Design!!!    

When I saw the partners' list, I immediately knew who Laurie was as I've gotten some of her work last year.  These are the goodies I got from Laurie so far and I can't wait to get some more!



Laurie who lives in Finger Lakes area of New York have been making glass beads since 1999.  I love her organic forms and color combinations.  Laurie's bead was selected by Beads of Courage to go to space on NASA's STS-134 Mission which was the last flight of the shuttle "Endeavor" in 2011!  It was such a special event for Laurie as her father was a NASA aeronautic engineer.  I don't think anyone else in this Bead Soup can claim their work has gone up into space!
Here is Laurie at her torch bench!


Here are some of Laurie's amazing work that are available on her Etsy Store!

One of the best part about participating in Bead Soup is getting to know another artists and finding out more about your partner.  We've already been chatting on Facebook and both looking forward to getting each other's soup!  

Stay tuned for our reveal when we receive each other's Bead Soup!!

Here is a photo of what I'm sending Laurie but with a little distortion so I won't ruin the surprise!


Big huge Mahalo for Lori Anderson and her husband Rick for all the hard work for putting this annual event together!!!

Mahalo for visiting!
Kumi ♥

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool about her bead going into space on the shuttle! No, I doubt many people can claim that one! Her work is stunning and I can't wait to see what you each ultimately create. Isn't this so much fun?

    ReplyDelete