Monday, April 1, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Reveal #6

Wow what a busy couple of weeks it was!  I participated in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party and I was in the first reveal date on March 30th.  You can scroll down and see the beautiful beads I received from my partner Donna Millard and what I created.  

I still managed to make two earrings for Reveal #6 :)  I'm so glad I joined Art Jewelry Elements' Earring Challenge to continue to push my creative mojo.  Here is my Reveal #6!

Week 11 ~ Beaded Jewel Earrings
I gave one of my girl friends a necklace for Christmas last year and she asked me to make her earrings to go with it.  I purchased a kit at Bead & Button Show 2 years ago from Eclectica Beads and love the necklace!  They carry so many great kits and I can't wait to see what they have in store when I go in June.  Because it's such a unique design it was hard for my girlfriend to find a pair of earrings that matched.  When she asked me to make earrings to match, this is what I came up with and she loved them!  I don't work with seed beads much and it's so difficult to thread the beading wires into the little tiny holes but the end result is so worth the achy fingers.  Check out there website if you want to pick up the same kit.  So many different color combinations with so many different beads!!



Week 12 ~ Owl on a Twig Earrings
I've been admiring the most adorable owls created by Rebekah Payne of TreeWings Studio for weeks.  I just had to make the earrings to show off her cuties.  I perched the owls on Vintaj tree branch with 20g Vintaj wire.  I just can't get over how cute they are.  Rebekah has tons of other cute critters on her Etsy store.  Hoot!



Please hop over to all the other wonderful artists' blog to see what they created!  Mahalo for visiting!

Kumi ♥


5 comments:

  1. I love the first pair, but the owls are about the cutest things ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh! I left a comment, but looks like it didn't show up! Love both pair ... those owls are so sweet! and I'm loving the loop earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are awesome! That first pair, that style -- AWESOME! And I can't resist owls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job with the seed beads. Yes, they are a challenge sometimes. And I love the owls. You rock, sweet Kumi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job with the seed beads. Yes, they are a challenge sometimes. And I love the owls. You rock, sweet Kumi!

    ReplyDelete