Friday, June 22, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Party!

I saw so many people raving about how much fun they had during the last Bead Soup Party which was held in March 2012, so I decided to join in on the fun!  Lori Anderson is the host of this worldwide blog hop which started in February 2010 and this marks the 6th party.  There will be three reveal dates with a total of 400 participants.  I have to say I was both excited and nervous about joining the party but the Bead Soup Cafe group on Facebook is such a supportive community.

On Friday June 22 we found out who amongst the 400 participants will be our partners.  I received Lori's email during my lunch break and I found out my partner is none other than Melissa Muir.  Yes THE Melissa Muir!  I literally squealed when I read the email as I am a big fan of her blog Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox Design Journal and love her Tool Time Tuesday which is packed with great information about tools!  Happy place for a tool junkie like me :)

After my initial excitement I came to a realization that I'm going to be partnered with a metal master!  Gulp!  My girlfriend Heidi gave me a good idea for the swap.  This is going to be a fun weekend making the focal piece, clasp, and beads!  Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh, I am excite to see what you come up with. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't feel like a master at anything... except perhaps chaos. :)

    Glad to have you as a partner. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to be your partner <3! Getting the goodies ready today :)

      Delete