Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meet the Teacher ~ Joan Babcock

Joan Babcock


I was so into macrame back in the 80's.  Yes I just aged myself.  So when my dear friend Heidi and I saw micro macrame jewelry while strolling through Main Street in Park City, I just had to learn how to incorporate the blast from the past techniques into my work.  Joan's work is amazing!  She uses the same knotting method and applies it towards jewelry construction.  I really want to incorporate more fiber (and I don't mean the ones you digest!) and this class will teach me how to add a different medium into my work.
Joan has two books that I know of:  Micro-Macramé Jewelry: Tips and Techniques for Knotting with Beads and Wired Micro-Macramé Jewelry: Enhancing Fiber Designs with Wire.

 
Here is a excerpt from Joan's DVD



Check out Joan's Website and you will have a totally different impression about macrame.  I'm looking forward to learning from the master of micro macrame at Bead & Button Show!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha - more fiber! :)
    I am sooo envious and yet sooo excited that you will be taking this class! I can't wait to see what you make and where it takes your designs in the future! I can just see you making incredible bracelets with your art clay button clasps. :)

    ReplyDelete